Tuesday, April 15, 2008

No second thoughts as Favre packs it in Australian Broadcasting Corporation

Green Bay Packers NFL quarterback Brett Favre has bid an emotional goodbye to the NFL making it clear he had no second thoughts about his decision to retire. Two days after informing the Packers he would not be back for an th season Favre met with the media at Lambeau Field and within seconds of stepping to the podium was waging a losing battle to hold back the tears. As they say all good things must come to an end I look forward to whatever the future may hold for me the year old told a televised news conference his voice cracking. It s been a great career it s over. I ve given everything I possibly can give to this organisation to the game of football and I don t think I ve anything left to give. I know I can play but I don t think I want to. I d like to thank the Packers for giving me the opportunity. I hope that every penny they spent on me they know was money well spent. Few would argue that Packers fans did not receive full value during a dazzling year career that saw ! Favre rewrite the NFL record book. The only player in NFL history to win three MVP awards Favre exits with every meaningful quarterback record including marks for most touchdown passes passing yards and pass completions . For all his records honours and accomplishments including leading the Packers to victory in the Super Bowl Favre is likely to be best remembered as a man who played the game like a boy. Favre s unbridled passion boyish enthusiasm and fierce competitiveness awed team mates opponents and fans as much as his cannon right arm. But Favre s most amazing feat and one many believe will never be broken is his quarterback ironman record of consecutive regular season starts and including play off contests. Favre offered no hints of what the future might hold for one of the NFL s all time greats though it is bound to include a visit to Canton Ohio for an induction into the Hall of Fame. As time passes I do not know what I will do Favre said. People say do you have a p! lan No I don t. This is all I ve ever done. I m proud of the fact I ve done it this long and at a high level. This is a new phase in my life and I don t exactly know what that means but it s been a pretty good ride. Reuters Tags sport other sports american football united states Search for news Search Top Sport Stories Storm confident of keeping Folau Waratahs Brumbies a clash of the rookies English hopefuls suffer UEFA let down Don t write us off yet Tigers warn Team NZ sues over America s Cup delay Roddick beats Nadal to reach Dubai semis MacGill urges Blues to focus Gonzalez Luczak bundled out in Vegas Bradshaw back stronger than before No second thoughts as Favre packs it in Indian cricketers arrive home to fanfare Just In Sydney artist s self portrait wins Archibald Global condemnation for Jerusalem school attack Lithium could treat cannabis withdrawal study Baby shaker jailed for nine years Woman jailed for years for murdering teenage friend Banks hit hard as market slumps to six week low Allco sinks to new low Impressionable model jaile! d for hitman plot More Site Map Sections News Home Just In Australia World Business Sport Entertainment Weather Opinion Blogs Tag Library Archive Media Video Audio Photos Subscribe Podcasts RSS Feeds Email Contact Us Feedback Form Contribute Upload Email Mobile This service may include material from Agence France Presse AFP APTN Reuters AAP CNN and the BBC World Service which is copyright and cannot be reproduced

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/03/07/2182947.htm

Find any forex related information at forex learning site

No comments: