Tuesday, May 27, 2008

lets get ready to rumble

Home About Contributors Contact let s get ready to rumble March th by anaeem Posted in Education Insanity Recently I had to break up my first girl fight or any fight in my th grade class. According to the children apparently I was laughing during the course of this fracas which involved much hair pulling and what I believe were Spanish expletives. As I explained to my students later on different people respond to crisis in different ways. Some cry I guess I laugh. Share this post Post a Comment Name required E mail will not be published required Website Author A little something about you the author. Nothing lengthy just an overview. Pages About Contributors Contact Archives March February November October September Categories America Art Barack Obama Baseball Books Celebrity Hijinx DTB Economics Education Emory Funny Healthcare Insanity International Affairs Iraq Islam Love Media Military Nathan s Ark Oil Religion Sex Space Sports Terrorism The future Torture Uncategorized ! Blogroll al Ahram Weekly al Jazeera Ali Eteraz Andrew Sullivan CounterPunch Cox and Forkum Emory Glenn Greenwald Haaretz Korean Central News Agency of DPRK Latin American Post Salon Slate The BBC The Christian Science Monitor The Daily Star The Emory Wheel The Huffington Post The Jerusalem Post The LA Times The Nation The New York Times The Washington Post Recent Comments anaeem In one word Yes. HAK And why doesn t the media refer to it as what it is It s torture. I can understand why the administration wishes to label it harsh interrogation techniques but is the MSM still so gun shy after all this time HAK It s pathetic shameful and scary in equal measure which is to say very. anaeem someone should find a picture of him in somali clothing. East India Company Haha does that make American football the poor man s rugby East India Company This was bothering me the entire weekend. Nader has got to be some undercover neocon. Why the hell is he doing this again anaeem Personally ! I find baseball to be a poor man s cricket. HAK Incredible. HAK It s also the anniversary of the publication of the Communist Manifesto anaeem First of all it s good to hear from you HAK and thanks for kick starting DTB . I definitely agree the word empire is key in understanding the U.S. role in the world. Furthermore we as Americans who are essentially citizens of the empire are largely oblivious to its existence and its effects both good and bad is also telling. For example the fact that Kosovo recently just declared their independence is almost singularly b c of U.S. Balkan policy even though most Americans would presume Kosovo if they even knew what it was has really little to do with their lives. On the other hand Albanians worldwide are waving U.S. flags and George Bush is arguably the most popular American in Kosovo shows the role we play. Conversely the fact that Serbians world wide are probably cursing the U.S. name is another by product. This is why I think before we can debate dismantling the U.S. empire ethos I m sure some will no! t want to it is imperative to make Americans come out of their Britney Spears US Weekly TMZ haze and recognize the ginormous role even if indirectly they play in the lives of virtually everyone else in our increasingly interconnected world. As far as dismantling it I agree I don t know if Obama or any one man is capable of doing such. At least I hope and pray he is willing and capable of stemming its tide. BTW a good book in understanding the pre world in Afghanistan and the U.S. role in its development is Ahmed Rashid s Taliban Militant Islam Oil and Fundamentalism in Central Asia. It starts off a bit dense in the beginning but I highly recommend it. If you re ever in town I can give you my copy. Recent Posts Facebook Newsfeed Obliterates Irony and Satire in One Simple Act torture in the time of terror My Undercover Brother I didn t think it could be done. Oops He Did It Again The Baseball Steroids Social Network So Do I Not Another Bollywood Movie February st The satellit! e kill shot charade Popular This Month torture in the time of terror The Baseball Steroids Social Network Oops He Did It Again On Chalmers Johnson and The Sorrows of Empire February st Not Another Bollywood Movie Random Stats posts and comments destroythisblog.com is powered by WordPress. Entries RSS and Comments RSS

Source: http://destroythisblog.com/2008/03/12/lets-get-ready-to-rumble/

No comments: